Sunday 11 March 2012

Beauty and the Bib Review

One of the many baby essentials that all parents will end up buying and using is bibs to protect from copious amount of dribble.  I have numerous bibs of different brands and styles so when I was offered the opportunity to test and review a bib from Beauty and the Bib I was keen to try out a new one.

Beauty and the Bib Logo
Beauty and the Bib was founded in 2004 by Lara Boyle who decided to make her own unique bibs after struggling to find gorgeous yet practical bibs for her own children.  Her beautiful designer bibs for little dribblers were the first to feature an interlining to keep little one dry from dribble.  She started selling her beautiful, practical bibs on a small Greenwich market stall and soon after her bibs were a huge hit with companies such as Selfridges and Harvey Nichols.  Beauty and the Bib now sells their original bibs throughout the UK and overseas.


We were sent two of their bibs to test and review.  I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived in lovely organza bags which were tied with ribbon.  I love that the bag matches the colour of the bib and I think the stylish touch of using an organza bag reflects positively on the quality of their service and product.


  

We were sent a stunning red and green strawberry baby bib and a lunch is on me bib.  The strawberry is a gorgeous red with embroidered green seeds with green leaves; I loved this bib immediately loving the design and the excellent quality.  The lunch is on me bib is a limited edition design in a baby pink star shape with ‘lunch is on’ embroidered in gold with a cute strawberry with a bow; I gave this bib to my little niece to test and she loves her beautiful pink bib.  The bibs are so thick and soft; they are made with a double layer of cotton terry towelling with interlining  I really like that the bib’s edges have internal hems which finishes them off to a very high standard and looks tidier than external hems.





The bibs are a great size, being big enough to keep little ones clothes covered keeping them dry and clean with the bibs being very absorbent soaking up my little man’s dribble fantastically keeping him very dry.  As the bibs are very cute outfits can still look very stylish and adorable, they are a little fashion accessory that is also practical at the same time.  The cotton towelling was soft and gentle around my little man’s neck, was a great fit and not tight around his neck at all and the bib was easy to put on him with the Velcro tab.  Even though the Velcro tab means the bib was easy to put on and it is positioned well on the bib to get a good fit I am not that keen on the fact that it is Velcro rather than poppers because my little man can pull the bib off very easily with it being secured by Velcro which means his clothes and skin are then not protected from his dribble.  However I can understand why Beauty and the Bib use Velcro instead of poppers for safety reasons as they are concerned if the popper came off the bib it would be a choking hazard.  I don't think the fact they use Velcro is a big deal and my son has even started taking off his cloth nappies that secure with poppers so nothing is safe from him!  The bibs wash well and they stay lovely and soft.




I think the bibs are gorgeous and unique, that are very luxurious, superb quality with beautiful colours and interesting designs.  I believe that they would make gorgeous gifts.

These bibs can be bought on Beauty and the Bib’s website along with lots of other gorgeous designs for £8 which is a tad more expensive than other bibs but the quality and beautiful designs justifies this and they are lovelier than run of the mill cheaper, standard bibs.  I love that you can have their bibs embroidered which would make your little one feel special having their name embroidered on their bib and this service makes for a lovely gift.  I think the fact that the personalisation is done with embroidery rather than printing means it would last longer as you have no worries about the words fading like you may experience with printed personalisation.  Beauty and the Bib also sell hats, clothing, slippers and fantastic gift sets.  Pop on over to their facebook page and follow them on twitter @beautyandthebib to keep up-to-date with their gorgeous, innovative products.

* Beauty and the Bib gave us these bibs to review for free, despite this I have written an honest review that contains my own words and opinions and is 100% my own *

1 comment:

  1. The lovely organza bags looks too cute.Its a great idea for packing return gifts for my daughter's birthday party.Thanks for the idea...!!

    ReplyDelete